Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Birthday

Inspirationclip_image002

I had a last-minute invitation to a baby girl’s first birthday, and this is the card I put together. I returned to my stand-by idea mill - the SCS Sketch Challenge. I used the challenge number 302 (click the sketch at the right to go to the challenge page).

I added the ribbon and one more layer to the sketch, since the stamp I wanted to use was long and narrow. 

Here’s the result:

20101019_FirstBirthday2

Ingredients

Paper

Note:  The finished card size is 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”

Color

Size


Pink Pirouette – textured (SU!)


a) 4 1/4” x 11,” score at 5 1/2”

 

Early Espresso (SU!)


a) 1 1/8” x 5 1/2”
b) 1 3/8” x 3 1/2”
c) 2 1/4” x 3”
d) 1 7/8” x 3 3/4”
e) 1/2” x 1 3/8”


Pink Pirouette Patterned Paper (SU!)


a) 1” x 5 3/8”
b) 2 1/8” x 2 7/8”


Baja Breeze (SU!)


a) 1 1/4” x 3 3/8”


White (Paper Trey)


a) 1 3/4” x 3 5/8”
b) 3/8” x 1 1/4”

Ink

Rich Cocoa (Memento), Baja Breeze (SU!)

Stamps

Teddies & Balloons (Hero Arts), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)

Accessories

COPIC markers: E27, E31, E33, BG000, BG02, BG72, BG75,Y21, Y24, YG17, RV000, RV02, RV10, RV13, C00, C01 (Too Markers); SPICA At-You Pink, Clear (Too Markers); Pink ribbon (Michaels); Scor-Pal; Adhesive Transfer Gun 714 (Scotch); Rotary trimmer with straight blade (Fiskars); Scissors

Instructions

Image

Stamp the teddy bears on the larger white panel using the brown ink; color with COPICs.

Stamp the greeting on the small white piece using the blue ink.

Hint: When you are working with a tiny image like the greeting, there’s always the question: “Do I stamp it and then cut it out or cut it then stamp it?” In general, I cut then stamp - I like all the pieces to look proportionally perfect, and I find that cutting first helps me get there. If I’m worried about getting the stamp straight or can’t “eyeball” the position, I use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. On this one, I just stamped it without using the positioner.

Assembly

This card is simple to assemble - just lots of building layers.  First, mount all the color and image layers on the appropriate brown mat panels.

Then simply attach the layers in the right order: First the base card, then the long pink patterned panel, followed by the blue panel.

Then add your bow.

Hint: I have a couple of ways I use to tie bows.  One of my favorites is the Bow-Easy.  However, on this card, I followed a great tutorial by Becca Freeken I found here.

Follow up with the last layers, and the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

hlm said...

Just beautiful! Lucky little girl!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin