Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Forecast: Warm & Sunny

Inspiration

Well, who’s ready for some bright, warm sunshine? Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is a card to send someone some warm greetings in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. I used it for a birthday (or two), but it could be used for any warm greeting you want to send.

20110126_ForecastWarmSunny

Ingredients

Paper

Note – card size is 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”

Moonstruck Blue (CTMH): a)  4 1/4” x 11, score at 5 1/2”
b)  3” x 4 1/2”
c)  1 1/2” x 4 1/2”
Bashful Blue (SU!): 4” x 5 1/4”
Barely Banana (SU!): 1” x 3 1/2”
Striped paper (unknown): 2 7/8” x 4 3/8”
Stamper’s Select White (PaperTrey): 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”

Stamps

SunMan (Stamp Cabana); Elegant Post (Gina K)

Ink

Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Accessories

COPIC Markers (Imagination International); Sunshine charms and thin jewelry wire (unknown); Paper piercing tool; Glue Dots; Foam Tape; Scor-Pal; Adhesive Transfer Gun 714 (Scotch); Rotary trimmer with straight blade (Fiskars); Scissors

Instructions

Image

Stamp the sun in black on the white square of cardstock.  Color with COPICs; I used Y13, Y15, Y17, and YR000.  Trim the image closely.

Greeting

Stamp the greeting in black in the lower right corner of the patterned paper.  I positioned the greeting based on the stripes – use your imagination to make it fit.

Charms

I sized the yellow panel to hold the charms based on the size of the charms I had.  I made it just long enough to hold the 3 charms with a little margin around them.  Once I had the panel cut, I laid the 3 charms in place and used the paper piercer to punch 2 holes for each charm – one in the middle of the circle, and one just above it.  Then I put a glue dot on the back of the charm and pressed it in place, and finished it with a small piece of wire through the two holes.  I twisted the wire on the back to hold it in place.

Assembly

Now it’s just a matter of stacking the layers.  Start with the light blue mat, followed by the dark blue/patterned paper panel.  Add the dark blue/charm panel.

Mount the sun in the upper right corner using foam tape for added dimension.

Final Notes

Inside

I cut another blue mat, sized 4” x 5 1/4”, and stamped the greeting in black.

Thanks for stopping by! (and stay WARM!)

 Lisa Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin