Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thinking of You in Pink and Green

Celebrate!

Before we get to the card, I have to share a little celebration! Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been working on 3 projects for a design team contest to one of my favorite companies – Heartfelt Creations.  Today I found out I made the semi-finalist list! I’m SO exited!! They have beautiful stamps and coordinating dies and I’m so honored to be part of the next step in choosing a design team.

My next 3 blog posts will be the projects I created for the first submission, while I’m busy working on the 2 projects for consideration to be a design team member.  Wish me luck!

Inspiration

I was thinking about Mother’s Day when I made this card – every mom loves flowers, right? And spring begs for soft, pastel colors.  I found some patterned paper that is soft in color, with a touch of gold – a really nice base for the card.  Then I chose a flower stamp that I had not used yet, and built this card.

LisaLynneWright_HFCDesignSubmission_Project2_ThinkingOfYou

Ingredients

Paper

Note: finished card size is 5” x 7”

Pink Pirouette (SU!)

7” x 10”, scored at 5”, and
1 1/4” x 6 7/8” – 2 pieces

Pink diamonds patterned paper (K & Company)

4 7/8” x 6 7/8”

Stamper’s Select White (Paper Trey Ink)

5 1/2” x 8 1/2”

Pretty in Pink (SU!)

4 1/4” x 5 1/2”

 

Ink

Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)

Versamark (Tsukineko)

 

Stamps

Angel Trumpet Flowers (Heartfelt Creations)

Kind and Caring Thoughts (SU!)

 

Accessories

COPIC markers (Imagination International)

 

Decorative Oval Window Die (Heartfelt Creations)

Petite Scalloped Oval Die (Spellbinders)

Grand Calibur die cut machine (Spellbinders)

Old Gold Inka-Gold paint (Viva Décor)

Gold embossing powder (Stampendous)

Sponge

Heat gun

Gold Pearl Stickers (Recollections)

Bow Easy

Foam tape

Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

Glue dots

Scor-Pal

Adhesive Transfer Gun 714 (Scotch)

Rotary trimmer with straight blade (Fiskars)

Shimmers spray (Tsukineko)

Instructions

Frame

Cut a window frame using the window die, and die cutting machine. Run it through twice – once to cut, and once to emboss. Before removing the die cut, use sponge to apply gold paint to the embossed design. Let the paint dry, then remove the die cut from the die.

Images

Stamp the trumpet flowers on the white card stock twice. Be sure to stamp one with enough space around it to fill in the window frame. Color with COPIC markers. I used these colors: G21, G40, RV10, RV11, RV13. Using the shimmer spray, spritz the images and let them dry.

Cut out one image in an oval – it doesn’t have to be neat – the window frame will go over it.

From the other image, cut out the four leaves that will overlap the frame, and the front of the three lower flowers. Add gold pearl stickers as the stamens of the flower fronts.

Mount the window frame die cut on the full flower image. Then add the flower fronts and leaves using foam tape.

On the remaining white cardstock, stamp the sentiment in embossing ink, and emboss with gold powder and the heat fun. Cut out the sentiment using the scalloped oval die – again run it through the die cut machine twice.

Assembly

Cut and score the base light pink card. Cut the patterned paper and adhere the panel to the front of the card.

Cut a ribbon and mount it along the middle of one of the narrow pink strips. Mount this narrow panel across the patterned paper about a 1/3 of the way from the top. Mount the second pink strip about 1/3 of the way from the bottom. Add the sentiment at the left end of the lower pink strip.

Mount the trumpets image on the left card.

Tie a bow using the Bow-Easy, and mount with a glue dot on the left of the image.

Thanks for stopping by!

RedSignature

13 comments:

Joelle said...

congrats on making the semi-finalist! Your entry is gorgeous!

HappyCrafter said...

What a gorgeous mother's day card!!! Good luck on the DT competition :-)

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful!

StampingbugKerry said...

Awesome! Congrats on making the Semi-FInals!!! LOVE your card!!! Good Luck!

Kerry

TesaB said...

Ohhhh, this is wonderful! Gorgeous colors and beautiful stamps! Congrats on making the semis!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

This one is really stunning Lisa! Love the color combo and everything else about it! Nicely done!

marsha said...

Lisa, Congrats on being a semi-finalist! This is a truly gorgeous card! Thank you also for visiting my blog!
Hugs,
Marsha

Helen said...

Congrats on being chosen as asemi-fnalist! I really like this cards color combination. The flowers are great also. Good luck on the next round, my friend!

Artist said...

I like the combination of pink and green, it creates such a comfortable feeling. Great work.

a simple offering said...

Way to go, Lisa! This card is gorgeous, probably one of my favorites. I don't know, you've made so many wonderful cards. I like pink and green, too, and the gold accents really top it off. Praying you make the team. TY for sharing your art.

Angelica Turner said...

What a beautiful card, love your coloring and design. Congratulations on making the semi-finalists list.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a beautiful card! Congrats on making semi-finalist.

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Lisa,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin