Sunday, April 3, 2011

Anniversary Song

Inspiration

I have some friends and relatives who just couldn't wait for June to get married - so before the June rush of weddings/anniversaries, I have a couple of spring anniversaries to celebrate. Here's my first spring-themed anniversary for a couple of "love birds".

20110403_AnniversarySong

Ingredients

Note: Finished card size is 5” x 7”

Paper

Always Artichoke (SU!) 7” x 10”, scored at 5"
Rose Red (SU!) 4 7/8” x 6 7/8”
"ancestors.com" patterned paper
(K & Company)
4 3/4" x 6 3/4"
More Mustard (SU!) 2 1/2” x 4” and
2 1/2” x 3 1/2”
Whisper White (SU!) 2 1/2” x 3 1/2”

Inks

More Mustard (SU!) Rose Red (SU!)
Versamark (Tsukineko)

Stamps

Elegant Post (Gina K.)Elegant Verses (Gina K)
Border Builders (SU!)

Accessories

Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous) Heat Gun
Ink-A-Gold Rose Acrylic Paint Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
Scor-Pal Bow-Easy
Elegant Posts Dies(Spellbinders)Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Labels 4 and Labels 4 Small Dies(Spellbinders) Stamp-A-Ma-Jig(EK Success)
Rotary trimmer with straight blades (Fiskars)

Instructions

Die Cuts

Cut and emboss the post using the mustard paper. Use a sponge to apply the Ink-A-Gold Rose paint before removing the shape from the stencil.

Cut and emboss a label using the mustard paper, and the next smallest label using the white paper.

Ink the sentiment using the Versamark ink, then add the rose colored ink. Stamp it in the center of the white label. Cover the image in clear embossing powder and heat to set.

Use a sponge to apply the Ink-A-Gold Rose paint lightly around the edges of the white label.

Image

The bird and the cage are two different stamps, so I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to place them together.

First, I stamped a cage in black on white paper and cut it out. Then using the post die-cut, and the cage sample, I figured out where on the patterned paper I wanted to place the image. I marked the top of the cage, and the side of the cage with a light pencil mark.

Then, I stamped and heat-embossed the birds (ink with Versamark, then rose ink, and clear embossing powder).

Now, using the stamp positioner, I found exactly where I wanted the cage to be. I inked the stamp with Versamark, and then mustard ink, then embossed with clear powder.

I finished off the love bird image with stamping a small heart in rose ink above the cage - Note, I used the "stamp off" method, stamping the first image on scrap paper, then stamping on the patterned paper until the ink was gone from the stamp.

Assembly

Mount the patterned paper with the bird cage image on the rose panel.

Tie a bow and slip a horizontal ribbon through the back of the bow before pulling it tight. Mount the ribbon with the bow across the lower portion of the stack. Add the sentiment lable to the left of the bow, and mount the whole stack to the front of the card.

Finish up by mounting the decorated post from the edge of the card, just touching the top of the cage.

Final Notes

Inside I put another rose panel, measuring 4 7/8" x 6 7/8", topped with a white panel, measuring 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".

I stamped a Happy Anniversary sentiment, and repeated the heart "stamp-off" technique around the greeting.

Thanks for stopping by!

Orange_Green_Sign

3 comments:

cdjcape521 said...

Your instructions are phenomenol! Thank you so much for that beautiful card, and the time it took to write them out!
Cheri Johnston

Lisa Lynne said...

Thanks so much! I'm really flattered.
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying my posts.
- Lisa Lynne

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin