Sunday, June 26, 2011

Look Up at the Stars

Just a Note

I missed last Sunday's post, AND I'm a little late today. I've been transitioning to a new computer over the last two weeks, and it is a BIG transition - I'm moving to an iMAC! My dear husband surprised me with a beautiful new iMAC for our anniversary. So, after 20+ years as a Windows devotee, I'm making the switch and I love it!! However, the transition is a little painful - for things I do by rote on my Windows machine, I now have to do a little research to figure out how to make it work! Like... how to right click the mouse or select text one word at a time! LOL! Anyway, it has somewhat slowed me down. Today is the first post I've done entirely from the iMAC, including the pictures and text. I'll get caught up on my Splitcoast, Technique Junkies, and Facebook galleries soon.

Inspiration

This card is one I made as part of a group of "inspirational" cards. My customer asked for 5 "girly" cards with inspirational sayings. I'll show them all to you over the next few weeks.

Look Up at the Stars

Ingredients

Note: Finished card size is 5" x 7"

Paper

Pixie Pink (SU!)7" x 10"", scored at 5"
Whisper White (SU!)4 3/4" x 6 3/4"

Inks

Pixie Pink (SU!)

Stamps

Beautiful Fairies (Inkadinkado)
Birdie Inspirations (Unity)
Star Background (Rubber Stampede)

Accessories

SPICA Markers (Imagination International)
Sheer Shimmer Spritz - "Sparkle" (Tuskineko)
Pixie Pink and Basic Black markers (SU!)
Sponge
Scor-Pal
ATG 714
Rotary trimmer with straight & deckled blades

Instructions

Cut a white panel using the deckled blade on your rotary trimmer. Ink the fairy with the markers - color the fairy in black and the stars in pink. Stamp the image in the middle of the white panel. Color the image with SPICA markers. The colors I used were Pink, Sand, Baby Blue, Lemon, and Clear.

The sentiment from Unity is all one stamp, so I inked the upper portion of the saying with the black pen and stamped it above the fairy, and the "stars" portion below. I used the Gold SPICA to fill in some of the letters for a little more glitz.

To finish up the the image, I used a sponge and the pink ink to color the deckled edge of the panel, then stamped the star background around the edges. I filled in the largest stars in the background using the Clear SPICA pen.

Finally, mount the white panel onto the front of the card, and spritz the whole card front with the Shimmer Spritz.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blue_Orange

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Just gorgeous, as always...good luck with your new computer!

Helen said...

Really like the colors and the little Fairy! Glad you have your MAC!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin