Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Young Man Turns 11

Inspiration

I have a friend whose son turned 11 on September 9, and turning 11 is an important date in a young wizard's life. So in honor of that date, an impressive Harry Potter party was held in his honor, and that required an impressive Harry Potter card! Fun was had by all - an wonderful party - lots of fun - an event that won't soon be forgotten.

I used digital coloring book pages I downloaded and printed onto my favorite white cardstock, and colored with COPIC markers - all pretty quick & easy! The only problem I had was that "Gryffindor" was misspelled in the drawing I liked, so I had to repair it in Photoshop.

HP-Quidditch

Ingredients

Note: Finished card size is 5" x 7"

Paper

Basic Black (SU!)7" x 10"; scored at 5"
Sunshine Yellow (SU!)4 7/8" x 3 3/8"
Cherry Cobbler (SU!)4 7/8" x 3 3/8"
Stamper's Select White (Paper Trey Ink)8 1/2" x 11" (only because I ran it through the printer)

Images

Harry Potter - www.lygwela.com
Gryffindor Coat of Arms - www.supercoloringpages.com

Accessories

COPIC Markers (Image International)
SPICA Pens (Image International)
Foam tape
Adhesive gold pearl (Spotted Canary)
ATG (Scotch)
Scor-Pal
Rotary Trimmer

Instructions

IMAGES

Print the images on the white card stock, and let them dry - usually it doesn't take too long. My method is I print, then cut all the other pieces, and by the time I'm done, it's ready to go. Cut the two images out.

Color with COPICs and SPICAs. Here are the colors I used:

Coat of Arms

  • Border: C3, C5, Silver SPICA
  • Background: Y38, R89
  • Lion: E35, E37, Chocolate SPICA
  • Banner: W3, W5

Harry

  • Face/hands: E0000, E00, RV91
  • Hair: C7, C9, 100
  • Cape: C3, C5, C7
  • Shirt: Y38, R89
  • Jeans: B93, B95
  • Shoes: W3, W5
  • Broom: E55, E57, E59

ASSEMBLY

Mount the yellow and red paper pieces on the front of the card. Adhere the coat of arms centered in the top area of the yellow side. Add the Harry Potter image using foam tape, mostly on the red paper, but crossing over onto the yellow. Finish up with with a gold adhesive pearl just above Harry's outstretched hand.

Happy Birthday William & Thanks for stopping by!

Blue_Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin